Recipe of the Month
Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 medium onion cut into wedges
- 4 large red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound of baby carrots
- 3 cups of water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place the onion, potatoes and carrots in a 6- to 7- qt. slow cooker. combine the water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, pepper and contents of spice packet; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving.
Seasonal Outdoor Tips
Upon Inspecting water meters we have noticed a lot of folks who are not adequately prepaid for winter and it’s cold temperatures. To avoid your water lines from freezing and keep your home as winter-proof as possible, please ensure the following:
- Check your heat tape and make sure that it is installed correctly, plugged in and WORKING.
- Make sure your skirting is buttoned up as tightly as possible, and to check all your insulation on the underside of your home. This will help save money as well as limit water freezing issues.
- Disconnect and drain your outside faucet. These are notorious for being left unattended and can burst.
Enjoy this winter season. Liability issues prevent us from being as helpful as we’d sometimes like to be. If there is anything that we can help you with please give us a call.